NBA Finals 2013: A Ring-Turned-To-Stone For Spurs?

6/22/2013 07:54:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-



I can't remember when I stopped sleeping. Was it game 6 or was it after the most awaited game 7 came to an end? My brain is so fried that it can no longer remember. One thing I know is that I haven't been sleeping since yesterday. I guess I have to lay down all my thoughts regarding the series right here.

First off, I have been rooting for San Antonio Spurs ever since I can remember. I didn't even bother watching the 2012 Finals after their demise against Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference. After they were able to dominate the Western Conference this year, I thought that we are in for a spectacular series especially if it's against the defending champions, Miami Heat.

It was a long series. Long enough that it reached the 7th game. The most heart-stopping game for me and maybe for most of the people out there would be game 6. I mean, the Spurs are only seconds away from the championship title and yet unexpected turn-of-events happened. Then a lot of "what-ifs" were formulated:

  • What if Kawhi Leonard didn't miss one of his free throws?
  • What if Ray Allen wasn't able to bank that three-pointer?
I just find these stuff annoying because I don't see the point of imagining what could have happened/what could have been done when the results are already clear. It's like their saying that the member shouldn't have existed in the first place. Without Leonard, I don't think Spurs will be able to reach where they are now. To incinerate things up were those hateful comments regarding those turnovers made by Manu Ginobili.  Give the guy a break guys, he too also contributed somehow to the team's points. I mean, they are a team. One could not work without the other. You have to admit it, the team is known to share the spotlight with its members. It's just that, things happen.

Everything that happened disheartened me, no doubt. But I don't blame their loss to the members' shortcomings. It's just that the opposing team were able to out play the Spurs. I just hope Tim Duncan <3 will be able to get over his frustration regarding his missed layup shot on game 7. Watching how he slapped the floor after the miss made me felt his frustration too. My hopes are still up for next year! Go SPURS Go!!!

Here's a clip where Duncan let out his frustrations by slapping the floor: